Sewer Cleaning in Toronto & GTA
After the waste is flushed down the drains, it is collected by the sewer. It is always the most important division of any plumbing system. However, waste particles can often pile up and cause the sewage backup. The principle is the same as with a simple garbage container or receptacle – you need to clean them out regularly to avoid piling up. If there are no regular services such as sewer cleaning and maintenance, the outcomes can be disastrous. Severe weather conditions, for example, snow melting or heavy rainstorms can add much to the hazardous situation.
When there is a backup in the sewer, waste can flood back to your house after it has been disposed of. This experience is very dangerous, unsanitary, and unpleasant. Infectious bacteria can grow and spread around and emergency plumbing repair may turn out rather costly. Moreover, you will need to repair or replace the damaged furniture, household items, and, very often, to redecorate entire rooms.
What causes clogged sewer line?
- When the pipes get broken
- When there’s accumulated debris
- Tree roots and branches can create issues
Sewer Inspection and Cleaning
When the sewer is clogged, it will not necessarily cause a massive backup. You may encounter minor leaking or sloping. This situation is not less dangerous because such issues can lead to severe long-term damage and complete ruining of the drainage system with time. The latter is very expensive to repair. So, think about regular sewer cleaning and maintenance to prevent any problems and protect your property against disastrous backups, unsanitary, and damage. The maintenance process is very fast and simple but it helps eliminate bacteria, remove tree roots, and grease to have your sewer clean and functional for a long time.
- Sewer inspection. Our expert plumbers will easily inspect your sewer and its functioning with the special drain cameras. They also use some imaging equipment and probes that can reach deep inside the drainage system. If the plumbing system is rather old, we can recommend to renovate and upgrade it as a whole or in some parts. That will prevent its further damage and ensure the reliable draining function of all pipes and junctions for further expelling all the waste you produce and supplying water to your home.
- Sewer cleaning. The process is full-service. It is meant to remove any waste build-ups from the sewer or obstacles that are stuck and clog the drains. All the waste particles should be eliminated from the pipes to prevent possible flooding, clogging, and backups during unfavorable weather conditions and natural floods.
- Sewer line servicing. Cleaning sewers is not the only type of work that can prevent sewage backups. If your pipes are old, they may have a lot of minor cracks in them that need to be sealed. If you do not care about that, you will face water leakage and overflowing soon. Flooded basements and crawl spaces can cause much damage to your appliances and furniture, electricity supply system, and the overall integrity of the building. Different types of infections can also emerge and spread in the constantly humid space causing severe problems to your family’s health.
Does My Sewer Need Cleaning?
If you are a homeowner, you may get unsure whether your plumbing system needs cleaning. You will wait and hesitate about calling cleaning experts until you encounter the knee-deep backup in your basement. That will result in a lot of worries and high repair bills. So, how will you know that your sewer needs cleaning already? Here are some indicators that can warn you about that:
- Foul odors.Have you ever noticed any nasty smells around your house? They may be felt occasionally or become more and more regular. Once you have experienced the smell, think about cleaning out the waste items from your sewer. They smell like that and this odor will not disappear until you get rid of waste in your plumbing system. Even if you cannot detect accurately where the smell is coming from, consider cleaning because wastewater that has already filled up the pipes, can cause a backup at any moment. It will flood anywhere – in the shower, toilet, from kitchen drains, or basement bathroom. The waste particles that have stuck in the drains can block them completely if no measures are taken.
- Water level changing: The most standard level of water can be observed in the toilet. The sewage backup may happen when the water level is higher or lower than normal. That is the most obvious sign of clogging that needs your thorough attention.
- Clogging that is recurring. That may become a sign of a bad issue with the whole drainage system. You may think that you have got rid of sewer problems but you face slow draining or minor clogging over and over again. That is an important sign that it is high time to call plumbing experts because you won’t be able to cope with this issue on your own. The problem is likely to occur in the main system so special equipment and expertise are needed if you don’t want the sewer backup to happen anytime.
Reputable and Licensed team for your next project!
Real reviews, from real people. Read our google reviews and understand why Tornado-Plumbing is a great choice for all your plumbing needs.
Recent Blog Articles
When was the last time you checked the condition of your drains? For most people, arranging an inspection of their property’s drainage network is low on their list of priorities – which is a shame! Over time, it’s almost inevitable that detritus will build up in your drains, eventually leading to an unwanted blockage. […]
We have all heard horror stories of plumbers who show up, make the problem worse, charge an arm and a leg, and then mysteriously vanish. Nobody wants to flush money down the toilet like that (no pun intended), so how can you avoid it? This article discusses how to hire a quality plumber, the questions […]
Nobody wants to pay out more than they need to resolve plumbing issues. As a result, many homeowners decide to fix leaks or other defects themselves, hoping to save money. Unfortunately, DIY plumbing solutions frequently create more problems than they solve. In the long term, the cost of the structural damage and inconvenience caused by […]