If you live in Ontario and your basement gets wet constantly, we can help you to keep it dry for a long time. Start with scheduling the suitable time with our experts. We can also compile the cost estimate for all the wet basement services for free.
Wet Basement Solutions
Some pressure is always created by the soil water that affects your foundation. That is considered to be the most common trigger of basement leaking. The extensive moisture in the soil can appear as a result of heavy rain, groundwater flow, or melting snow. It can penetrate into the basement through cracks or use the walls made of masonry or porous concrete to enter your house in the form of vapor. If you want to check humidity indoors, tape the aluminum foil to the wall in the cellar and have a look at it after some days. If you see the moisture on the foil concentrated on its outside surface, that indicates the high humidity, and now you need to find out what is causing this problem.
There is not any universal solution of this problem for every separate house. The causes are unique, so the repair methods will be chosen specifically for your situation. However, the issue with the excess water around your foundation that results in high hydrostatic pressure is most often taken into consideration.
The water table can also rise after a heavy rainfall or during fast snow melting. If the water pressure on the foundation is eight pounds per gallon or more, expect moisture under the footing and in the basement.
The unfinished basement, even if it has already dried out, is the best place for crack formation. However, be sure that an experienced professional can find the problem even in the finished space. Our method allows finding moisture inside, and then, tracking its source to the outside crack. First, we will fix the crack and after that, take care of the main cause of this issue which is usually the excessive hydrostatic pressure.
The widely used technique to lower this pressure is to let the water flow in a different direction. We know that water usually finds its path across the place of the least resistance. To prevent further occurring of cracks in the foundation walls, we will install a sump pump and drainage system to discharge all the water and relieve the pressure.
Wet Basement Repair
Sometimes, it is important to fix a leaking or wet basements from the outside by waterproofing it. This waterproofing technique can be applied in a different way depending on the condition of the wall that should be fixed and the type of material it is made of.
- The water damage within the basement after melting snow or rain should be diagnosed by our specialists and only after that, we will be able to find the solution to this problem.
- We apply hydraulic cement and parging coating to repair the cracks.
- We also sue the special tar as a sealer for foundation walls.
- The dimpled foundation membrane is installed as well.
- We set up a new weeping tile pipe equipped with special filtering cloth.
- The newly installed pipe should be surrounded with ¾ clear gravel.
- There is a need in excavation to the bottom of footings all the way round and never half of it.
- In the end, the foundation wall dries out, and now it is protected against any water or moisture for a long time.
- Installation of weeping tile (French drain), or any other draining system, by exterior waterproofing services is strongly recommended.
Read also: Basement waterproofing Toronto
Wet basement floor repair
Hydrostatic pressure is the main cause of the wet floor in the basement. So, relieving or eliminating this pressure can stop the seeping water. To do that, an interior drain tile system is installed. This system involves a perforated pipe that is buried below the level of the floor with the footings. It should always be connected to a sump basin.
Wet Basement Walls Repair
A wet basement usually smells and feels awful. It can also diminish the entire value of your home. If you leave it unfixed, the moisture ruins walls and the concrete floor resulting in the appearance and growth of mold. Tornado Plumbing & Drains offers the following solutions:
- Waterproofing paint
- Exterior damp-proofing
- Sealing cracks in the walls of the wet basement
- Installation of waterproofing wall panels
If you have detected leaking walls in your basement, seek help from your local wet basement contractor. Our effective technologies will guarantee you the permanent solution of your issues (fix wet basement, sealing cracks, etc.).
Basement Waterproofing & Repair Services we provide
- Waterproofing newer homes
- Basement lowering/underpinning
- Crawl space Encapsulation
- Foundation structural Repair
- Basement and crawlspace crack repair
- Foundation leak repair
- Fix wet basements
- Dry basemebt repair
- Basement flood protection
- External and internal solutions
- Sump pumps and battery back up pumps
- French drain
- Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration
- Finished and Unfinished basements
- Free Inspection and Estimate
We repair basement leaks and seepage. We also help you solve mold, humidity, condensation and drainage problems.
Tornado Plumbing & Drains will give you a free consultation that will allow us to analyze the problem and provide you with a variety of options that you will choose from according to your budget bracket.
The client also has a choice of exterior and interior water control methods depending on the intensity of the problem. This way, our professional workforce will be able to install the proper solutions in the least interfering way possible to give you the best results and leave you with a happy home.
Drainage system | weeping tile | waterproofing contractor | hydrostatic pressure | water problems | wet basement after heavy rain | hydraulic cement | basement floor and wall | basement problem | basement living space | water seepage | leaky basement