- The pump and its switches may be clogged.
- The workable average lifespanof any sump pump can run out because it is normally counted as 10 years while, in fact, they can operate efficiently for about 2 or 3 years and no more.
- The sump pump can be rather noisy.
- The water is not collected in the sump pit. The sump pump may seem to be operating but the excess water is not collected in its pit. The problem may be in the inappropriate installation of the appliance or it can be connected to the drainage system in the wrong way. Remember that there is a strong need for a drainage system in your basement that could work together and simultaneously with the sump pump. It should operate along to redirect the excess water to the pit.
- Too long periods of sump pump operation can cause its malfunctioning.
- The electricity blackout or any other situation in which the sump pump cannot be powered may lead to bad outcomes, and having a battery back-up, or the sump pump, for an emergency at home is a great relief.
- Sump Pump Float Is Stuck
Get a quote. Fix your plumbing problems. Be fully satisfied.
Plumbing is easy with Tornado Plumbing & Drains. Compare ways to solve your plumbing issues, and save money. We care about you, your home, and the work we do. See all cities where Tornado is.
Choose the services
Read also: Sump pump problems diagnosing
Sump pump drainage problems
Sump pump problems solutions