Call us for FREE and we will make a free cost estimate of ANY services.
The Tornado Plumbing & Drain Company provides replacement, installation, and repair services. We are adequate same-day, reliable, and fully available in Toronto and nearby areas. The services are offered for either residential or commercial purposes. Book a service call through our customer support center. It is open 6 days per week.
Call us if you need help (647) 784-8448
Difference between Plumbers, Plumbing Contractors, and Specialty Plumbers
If you are a homeowner, you may want to know whether there is any difference between regular plumbers and plumbing contractors who work in Toronto and GTA. Of course, they are not the same. However, these terms are often used casually and interchangeably. That is why they can be easily confused.
To explain the difference, let us think about the situation when your plumbing problem is quite common. It can be a clogged sink or toilet, or a leaky faucet. In this case, you need to call a common plumber if you cannot DIY. That is the person who either works for his own business or for a plumbing contractor. Sometimes, he also has licenses or special training for becoming a contractor but most often, he can do without it.
As for a Toronto plumbing contractor, that may be either an individual or a company who is involved in new construction. They can also deal with renovations or remodeling, handle more complicated tasks, such as repairs and installations of water supply and septic systems. A plumbing contractor has usually done some extra training and got special licenses. Very often, he may work with some expanded tasks for a larger plumbing company.
A plumber in the area may also own a small company. The owner of such a company may have some experience, expertise, and/or licenses, or he may not have them at all in such advanced and complicated plumbing jobs as new installations and constructions, renovations, and remodeling.
What Can a Plumber Do?
If there is an emergency, a homeowner usually turns to plumbers believing that they are the primary service professionals who can help immediately. All the failures, such as burst pipes, clogged sinks and drains, overflowed toilets, etc., can be handled by these plumbers. Such repairs are minor and they do not take much time.
Very often, plumbers can get some informal training being apprentices for another more experienced specialist. Or they may be trained officially receiving the certification. The repairs of common plumbing issues are done by them for the following:
- hot water dispensers
- shower drains
- water filtration
- food disposals
All the plumbers should be quite experienced to fulfill these common tasks.
What Can a Plumbing Contractor Do?
- do all the repairs from the list above, though they also carry out more complicated tasks;
- deal with constructing or renovating of the waste disposal systems for households;
- install gas flues and connections, as well as water heaters of different types including tankless, gas, and electric ones, for example, they can provide hot water tank replacement service in Toronto, or backwater valve installation;
- deal with the appliances connected to the household water systems, such as back flow prevention, softening and conditioning equipment for water and gas control valves, and many others;
- consult clients for their home planning issues checking for the compliance of new constructions with federal and local building codes as well as they advise on their commercial plumbing renovations and their compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements;
- inspect the final outcomes of plumbing work for renovating projects or new constructions;
- repair water leaks and yard lines;
- cure slab leaks and gas leaks;
- provide renovation services in Toronto.
Therefore, the main difference is that plumbing contractors have enough knowledge and experience to do not only plumbing works but also to be involved in construction and service and they are able to handle many more requests than plumbers.
Hiring a Local Plumber or Plumbing Contractor
Our professional crew at Tornado Plumbing & Drains always treats any plumbing work as a top priority. The stunning performance of the high-quality craftsmanship and client service are our main goal we strive to achieve. We do our business that way every day and anything else is considered as unimportant for us.
Toronto Plumbing Services
- Residential services in Toronto (these services are always preferred and referred to)
- Commercial services (the plumbing source needs to be trusted to do your business with it)
- Plumbing 24/7 (24 hour service with the fast and well-qualified response)
- Engineering (construction experts in Toronto to work underground)
Toronto and the greater Toronto area (GTA) have one important preference in plumbing service provision. That is choosing our company for any plumbing emergencies, continuous maintenance, installation designs, and working on contracts for commercial and residential renovations and constructions by many customers. Our professionals have experienced years of hard work and training to achieve the best results.
Tornado Plumbing & Drains deals with technological know-how, high-quality and reliable residential and commercial services. We provide the whole range of working processes from the beginning to the end of one productive cycle.
You will get the amazing top-quality results due to our knowledge and expertise while our customer-friendly service team will help you to become our most respectable and loyal client.
As for our commercial contractors in Toronto, they are insured, checked, licensed, and well-qualified for such kinds of work as new line plumbing, rough-ins, new installations and existing pipe and drain repairs, fixture replacements, and curing any plumbing issues you may come across. We are happy to help you at any time round-the-clock. We can even determine how often you need our services, and our commercial plumbers can schedule calls for annual, quarterly, and monthly services and maintenance for your business.